Global Enterprise Partners is currently looking for a SharePoint developer to help a client of ours in Den Haag with their SharePoint migration. They will migrate from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016 (i.e. all on-premises environments). The new SP 2016 farms need to be rolled out using scripts, so without or a minimum of manual actions.
The current environment contains a number of customisations in the current SharePoint implementation (.wsp files) that were rolled out in the farms. Some of them are deployed globally, others are deployed in a Site Collection (sandbox solutions).
These solutions contain mainly custom controls/web parts and some custom styling, but also some functionality to support authentication.
For the new SharePoint 2016 environment to work, they need to redeploy the SP 2013 solutions in the new environment. In some cases however, these solutions might not be compatible with SP 2016 and will need to be rebuilt.
- Analysing the current customised solution
- Creating automated PowerShell scripts to deploy the solutions in the new farm(s)
- If the current customised solutions are not compatible with SP 2016 adjust or rebuild the code of the current solution, and package this to create a new solution (.wsp file) that offers the same functionality on SP 2016
- Test the new solution in the new farm(s), to verify they offer the same functionality
- Document technical design of any new/updated solutions
- Support the rest of the team with the creation of PowerShell scripts for automated roll-out of the site
- Support the rest of the team with the migration/adjustment of any other incompatible elements in the current environment that we might find.
- SharePoint functional knowledge (medior level). Preferably SharePoint 2013, but other versions are also acceptable
- Good knowledge of PowerShell.
- Analytical and a problem solver
- Can work independently from others
- Communicates effectively in English
- Start Date: February 4th 2019
- End Date: September 4th 2019
- Workload: First 8 weeks = 36 hours, afterwards hours will reduce
- Location: Den Haag, the Netherlands
- Rate: Let me know your rate
Are you interested in this opportunity and do you meet the requirements? Please get in touch with Amy Doyle of Global Enterprise Partners at a.doyle(a)globalenterprisepartners.com