Global Enterprise Partners is currently looking for a PostreSQL Database Developer for a client of ours in Turin, Italy.
The PostgreSQL Database Developer will be responsible for developing database code powering the Greenplum cloud platform. This is a central role in their development team that will build effective APIs that access and manipulate very large datasets, working with product managers, front end developers, DBAs and scientists as needed.
- Implement and maintain database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.
- Work closely with the Data warehouse Architect to implement effective and maintainable database coding practices that form an architectural foundation.
- Work with front end developers to define simple yet powerful APIs.
- Work with DBAs to ensure efficiency of database code, integrity of data structures and quality of data content.
- Work with product managers to ensure database code meets requirements.
- Work with DBAs and data analysts to ensure database code is accurately documented.
- Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate effort to build functionality supporting user stories, and participate in sprint reviews.
- 2+ years working as a database developer working with PostgreSQL
- Expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
- Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON.
- Ability to efficiently write database code without compromising data quality, privacy or security.
- Knowledge of database design principles, query optimisation, index management, integrity checks, statistics and isolation levels
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workarounds
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 4 Months
- Location: Turin, Italy
- Rate: €400 per day all inclusive (Local Rates)
Does this role fit your profile? If so, please send over your updated CV, rate and availability to a.doyle(a)globalenterprisepartners.com or call Amy on +31 20 520 7739