Global Enterprise Partners is currently searching for a Cobol developer/analyst for a 4 month contract with a client of ours in Ghent, Belgium.
We are looking for an experienced person to work in a team that provides Application maintenance to our customer. Incidents or problems are being received and need to be fixed based on the KPI's we have with our customer. Sometimes change requests also have to be developed. The role we are looking for is a sum of 2 aspects: analyst and developer.
As an Analyst-Developer
- Knowledge area to work in are applications related to HR
- Analyse the problems/incidents/Spare Capacity/ other maintenance that is assigned to him/her
- Suggest solution
- Deploy considering the release planning and procedures
- Update Service Now according the clients process flow
- Review the work done by rest of the offshore team before sending to the end client in a way that they can assure that the work is done according to the client's standards and if discussions appear, can have a discussion about this with the AM. (Another team member can be in support for this)
- Report to team lead in terms of progress in daily stand up meeting.
- Presence onsite required between 8 - 17 hrs on week basis.
- Answer phone calls to the support line between 8 and 17 hrs.
- Raise topics for continuous improvement to the SDM
Hard skills needed
- z/OS (MVS), JCL
- Cobol, JCL, TSO/ISPF, DB2, IMS DB/DC, Endevor, Fault Analyser, MQ series (optional)
- Minimum 4 years' experience working on mainframe
- Word, excel, outlook, SharePoint/teamroom
- Start: 01/03/2018
- Duration: 4 Months
- Location: Ghent, Belgium
- Language: Dutch/Flemish
- Rate: € Depends on experience
Does this role fit your profile? If so, please send over your updated CV, rate and availability to a.doyle(a)globalenterprisepartners.com or call Amy on +31 20 520 7739