Global Enterprise Partners is currently seeking a Data Warehouse Architect for a client of ours in Turin, Italy.
The Data Warehouse Architect will participate in the design of a high performing Enterprise Data Warehouse, using both Kimball methodologies in conjunction with utilisation of a multi-platform, modern architecture approach.
The architect will collaborate with the stakeholders and build solutions that support their reporting, analytics, data exploration and data science needs.
The Architect will participate in process improvement initiatives and in setting the best practice standards around Data Architecture, Metadata, Data Governance and Master Data Management.
- Bachelor's degree or specialised training or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of recent Data Warehouse experience to build and articulate conceptual, logical and physical dimensional data models and third normal form artefacts
- Familiar with standard modelling tools like Erwin, ERStudio
- Experience in delivering solutions using Greenplum retrieving source data from Azure data lake
- Experience in designing well performing solutions with an ability to tune data warehouse objects for efficiency and accuracy
- Work across the organisation to architect data driven solutions that focus on fulfilling stakeholders needs:
- Translation of business needs into feasible and acceptable data centric semantic layer designs
- Document and present relationships between business entities using Kimball and other modern frameworks
- Participate in discussions to prioritise and balance technical and business needs of the conceptual and logical data warehouse
- Architect physical data models
- Architect and document 3NF integration layer (normalised) of the data warehouse
- Architect and document dimensional presentation layer (de-normalised) of the data warehouse
- Enhancement of existing models to ensure compliancy with best practices around master data management and a 4 layer architecture across technology platforms
- Design, develop, document and articulate architecture of the enterprise data warehouse
- Evaluate reusability of current solutions for additional analysis, while maintaining integrity and confidentiality of information in accordance with a minimum viable product
- Provide guidance in the creation and refinement of Agile technical stories for data architecture and development
- Participate in discussions to document database standards and procedures for the definition of reference architecture
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 4 Months
- Location: Turin, Italy
- Workload: 40 hours per week
- Rate: Let me know your rate
Does this role fit your profile? If so, please send over your updated CV, rate and availability to a.doyle(a)globalenterprisepartners.com or call Amy on +31 20 520 7739