Global Enterprise Partners is currently seeking several Data Engineers to join a project with a client of ours in the greater Antwerp area of Belgium.
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem. Ability to design and implement end to end solution.
- Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns.
- Research, evaluate and utilise new technologies/tools/frameworks centred around Hadoop and other elements in the Big Data space.
- Define and build data acquisitions and consumption strategies
- Build and incorporate automated unit tests, participate in integration testing efforts.
- Work with teams to resolving operational & performance issues
- Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implements, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to.
- MS/BS degree in a computer science field or related discipline
- 3+ years' experience in large-scale software development
- 1+ year experience in Hadoop or big data technologies.
- Strong Java programming, Python, shell scripting, and SQL
- Strong development skills around Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and Pig
- Good understanding of file formats including JSON, Parquet, Avro, and others
- Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
- Ability to understand relational database schemas
- Proven ability to work cross functional teams to deliver appropriate resolution
- Experience with AWS components and services, particularly, EMR, S3, and Lambda
- Automated testing, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 6 Months
- Location: Greater Antwerp area, Belgium
- Rate: Let me know your rate
Does this role fit your profile? If so, please send over your updated CV, rate and availability to a.doyle(a)globalenterprisepartners.com or call Amy on +31 20 520 7739