For a client in the Amsterdam area Global Enterprise Partners is looking for a Data Engineer starting from December'18/January'19.
You will be working on development projects related to consumer behavior, commerce, and web analytics.
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem. Ability to design and implement end to end solution.
- Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns.
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around Hadoop and other elements in the Big Data space.
- Define and build data acquisitions and consumption strategies
- Build and incorporate automated unit tests, participate in integration testing efforts.
- Work with teams to resolving operational & performance issues
- Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implements, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to.
Data Engineer Skill-set:
- 6+ years' experience in large-scale software development
- 1+ year experience in Hadoop or big data technologies.
- Strong Java programming, Python, shell scripting, and SQL
- Strong development skills around Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and Pig
- Good understanding of file formats including JSON, Parquet, Avro, and others
- Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
- Ability to understand relational database schemas
- Proven ability to work cross functional teams to deliver appropriate resolution
- Experience with AWS components and services, particularly, EMR, S3, and Lambda
- Automated testing, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
If your profile matches the required skill-set please reach out to me on +31 20 520 7765 and l.stumke(at)globalenterprisepartners.com.
Lisa Isabell Stümke