Last Updated: April 6, 2020
Specialist Staffing Solutions, Inc. and Specialist Staffing Services, Inc. (“Company”) takes your privacy seriously. We want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information.
Assistance For The Disabled
What Is Personal Information?
Whose Personal Information Is Covered By This Policy?
“Consumer” does not include the Company’s employees, job applicants, owners, directors, officers, or contract workers (collectively, “HR individuals”), or the emergency contacts of HR individuals or the dependents or spouses who receive Company benefits by virtue of their relationship to an HR individual in their capacities as HR individuals or emergency contacts, dependents, or spouses. “Consumer” also does not include employees or other agents of a business engaged in a transaction with the Company in their capacities as employees or agents of that business.
|Of Personal Information Collected In The Last 12 Months||Sources Of That Personal Information||Business Purposes And Commercial Purposes For Collecting That Personal Information|
|Identifiers, including: real name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, social media handles, telephone number(s).||The California consumer himself or herself||To communicate with California Consumers|
|For identity verification|
|Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity|
|Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.|
|Communications about Placement Opportunities|
|To meet legal and regulatory compliance requirements|
|Characteristics of protected classifications of California Consumers under California or federal law, including: sex, age.||The California consumer himself or herself||For the Company’s diversity and inclusion purposes|
|For identity verification|
|To meet legal and regulatory compliance requirements|
|Non-public education information, including: grade point average.||The California consumer himself or herself||To provide California Consumers with information about job opportunities that match their experience and level of education|
|To facilitate the placement or recruitment of California Consumers|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including: pages visited on the Company’s website and links clicked.||Automated technologies in the website||Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity|
|Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality|
|Professional or employment-related information, including: employment history and professional license information.||The California consumer himself or herself||To provide California Consumers with information about job opportunities that match their experience and level of education|
|To facilitate the placement or recruitment of California Consumers with potential employer|
|Categories Of Personal Information Collected In The Last 12 Months||Categories Of Third Parties With Which Company Shared That Personal Information||Whether Company Disclosed That Personal Information For A Business Purpose Or A Commercial Purpose|
|For all categories: The Company discloses personal information to government agencies, law enforcement, and other parties as required by law and as necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, its subsidiaries or affiliates, employees, customers, and users.|
|Identifiers||Entities that use the Company’s services, including the Company’s placement and recruitment services||Yes|
|Service Providers, including the Company’s (a) website hosting provider, and (b) data analytics providers, and (c) applicant tracking system provider|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||Entities that use the Company’s services, including the Company’s placement and recruitment services||Yes|
|Non-public education information||Entities that use the Company’s services, including the Company’s placement and recruitment services||Yes|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Service Providers, including the Company’s (a) website hosting provider, and (b) data analytics providers.||Yes|
|Professional or employment-related information||Entities that use the Company’s services, including the Company’s placement and recruitment services||Yes|
Sale of Personal Information: In the last 12 months, the Company has NOT sold California Consumers’ personal information. The Company does not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
a. Your California Privacy Rights
- Right to Know: California Consumers have the right to submit a verifiable request to know what personal information Company collects, uses, discloses, and sells (the Company did not sell California Consumers’ personal information during the past 12 months).
- Right To Delete: California Consumers have the right to submit a verifiable request for deletion of their personal information that the Company has collected or maintains.
- Right to Opt Out of Sale: California Consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information. California Consumers under the age of 16 must opt in to the sale of their personal information, or their parent or guardian must opt in on their behalf. As noted above, the Company did not sell California Consumers’ personal information during the past 12 months.
b. How to Exercise Your Rights
The Company will respond to requests in accordance with applicable law if it can verify the identity of the individual submitting the request. California Consumers can exercise their rights to know and to delete in the following ways:
- Complete the online request form available here.
- Contact (833)920-0233
c. How We Will Verify Your Request:
The processes that we follow to verify your identity when you make a request to know or a request to delete are described below. The relevant process depends on how and why the request is submitted.
The verification process that we follow will depend on the nature of your request as described below:
1. Requests To Know Categories Or Purposes: If you request to know the categories of Personal Information collected, sources, sales, or the Company’s business or commercial purposes for use of your Personal Information, we will match at least two data points that you provide with your request to know, or in response to our request for verification information, against information about you we already have in our records and that we have determined to be reliable for purposes of verifying your identity. Examples of relevant data points include your mobile phone number, your zip code, or information about products or services that you have purchased from us.
2. Requests To Know Specific Pieces Of Personal Information: We will match at least three data points that you provide with your request to know, or in response to our request for verification information, against information that we already have about you in our records and that we have determined to be reliable for purposes of verifying your identity. In addition, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the California consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
3. Requests To Delete Personal Information: Our process for verifying your identity will depend on the sensitivity (as determined by the Company) of the personal information that you ask us to delete. For less sensitive personal information, we will require a match of two data points as described in Point No. 1, above. For more sensitive personal information, we will require a match of three data points and a signed declaration as described in Point No. 2, above.
We have implemented the following additional procedures when verifying the identity of requestors:
1. If we cannot verify your identity based on the processes described above, we may ask you for additional verification information. If we do so, we will permanently delete the verification information that you provide promptly after we have completed the verification process. We will not use that information for any purpose other than verification.
2. If we cannot verify your identity to a sufficient level of certainty to respond to your request, we will let you know promptly and explain why we cannot verify your identity.
d. Authorized Agents
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise your right to know or your right to delete by submitting to us a completed “Authorized Agent Designation” form. You can obtain the designation form by contacting us at [email protected].
If an authorized agent submits a request to know or a request to delete on your behalf, the authorized agent must submit with the request either (a) a power of attorney that is valid under California law, or (b) a document signed by you that authorizes the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf. In addition, we may ask you to follow the applicable process described above for verifying your identity.
e. Company’s Non-Discrimination Policy
California Consumers have the right not to be subject to discriminatory treatment by the Company for exercising their privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, and the Company will not discriminate on that basis. However, the Company may charge a California consumer a different price or rate or provide a different level or quality of goods or services if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided to the California Consumer by the consumer’s personal information. If the Company does so, it will provide consumers with any legally required notice.
For More Information
For questions or concerns about the Company’s privacy policies and practices, please contact us at [email protected].